Charles River Men’s team looking for Head Coach
Our Men’s team has an immediate opening for head coach. Our men play in the New England Rugby Football Union’s (NERFU) Division III.
Training Sessions are held twice a week at either Moakley Park in South Boston or English High School in Jamaica Plain. We’re looking for an enthusiastic coach who will be dedicated to the players and the Club’s growth.
The responsibilities and expectations of the head coach include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Plan & attend 2-hour long practice sessions twice weekly during both Fall and Spring Seasons
- Design dynamic practices that enhance both offensive & defensive play
- Facilitate drills, exercises, and games geared specifically toward backs, forwards, or full team
- Provide players individual feedback to better technique or safety
- Teach game fundamentals that prioritize individual player safety & well-being
- Build upon and reinforce values of teamwork, support, communication, and fair play
- Develop game strategies that are designed to highlight team strengths and abilities
- Work alongside captains & ombudsmen to make game day roster selections
Qualified candidates must have earned (or be willing to obtain before Sept 1st, 2017) Level 200 Coaching Certification through USA Rugby. In addition, 2+ years of experience coaching rugby at the high school, college, or club level. Must be able to communicate clearly, explain decisions, and lead a group of approximately 20-35 men. Must be proficient with the laws and rules of rugby. Familiarity with NERFU preferred.
Starting salary: $2,250 annually
- A $500 bonus will be awarded if the Rats successfully make it to playoffs
- An additional $250 bonus will be awarded if the Rats successfully win NERFU
How to apply
Interested applicants should send a letter of intent, including previous experience, to Brandon Bennett via the button below.